To keep a promise to myself…
Some of the things I’ve been telling myself lately…so that I would be reminded to practice and heed. It’s called w-i-s-d-o-m:
- Think before you speak. Be very careful with the words you choose… something that I learned from my teacher and of course from the handbook of life: The tongue has the power of life and death.
- Listen…at all times. Listen and try to understand. Never assume (it makes an -a-s-s- out of -u- and -m-e) anything as obvious. Don’t walk out. Don’t stray…Better said – LISTEN.
- Act in love (not in-love). The world needs love. You cannot give what you don’t have. Experience the love of God. Seek Him and be intimate with Him. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.
- Plan. Schedule your day. That way, you get the most out of it.
- Humble yourself. Listen to the advices of others. Be teachable. Consider others better than yourself. Obey. Swallow your pride.
- Tell your parents how much you appreciate them. TELL and not just “show”. Oh, and telling only will not do…honor!
- Get some sleep. You need at least 7 hours to function well.
- Stay happy and remember God in all your ways. To him be all the glory.